Food Banks in New York rely on the individual commitment of their volunteers to keep serving their communities. Volunteering at your local food bank means that you’re working to give families, kids, and seniors, help that they might not otherwise receive.
Volunteering can take on many forms. Some of the opportunities available at New York food banks are:
- Warehouse sorting & repacking
- Clerical tasks
- Special event volunteer
- Group Volunteer
To get more information about volunteering at your food bank, click on the appropriate link below.
Food Bank Volunteer Pages
- Food Bank of Western New York (located in Buffalo)
- Foodlink (located in Rochester)
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier (located in Elmira)
- Food Bank of Central New York (located in Syracuse)
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York (located in Latham with a satellite facility, the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley at Cornwall-on-Hudson, near Newburgh).
- Food Bank for Westchester (located in Elmsford)
- Island Harvest (Mineola)
- City Harvest (New York City)
- Long Island Cares, Inc.